John and I recently had the blessing of seeing our son Benjamin receive his Bachelor’s Degree and become a commissioned officer in the United States Army. We are blessed and highly favored by our awesome God, through faith in Jesus Christ. Amen.
I have tons more pictures, but I’ll stop now.
P.S. John and I will be on the radio tomorrow, Friday June 24 at 2:00 Mountain Time, talking about our trip to the Pacific Northwest (for Benjamin’s graduation), about taking dominion in this life, about friendship in marriage, and more.
American Kate, aka Hannah Katherine Parker, has a blog that will do your heart good–encouraging you, building up your faith, and obliterating anxiety–all through the pen of a ready writer. And by “ready” I mean able, amazing, anointed! Try it, you’ll like it:
Permission to Nap: Taking Time to Restore Your Spirit by Jill Murphy Long is the book to back up my thoughts about napping.
Taking a nap is one of life’s great luxuries. Like the first birds singing in spring breezes, and rivers rushing with snowmelt. And like the way everything glows in the evenings after the rain, and the rainbows–double and even triple rainbows! Those are right up there with falling stars across New Mexico skies at midnight, Oklahoma sunsets, the smell of sage in a Wyoming thunderstorm you can see coming for miles, and the sound of the wind in the Colorado pines.
Wildflowers, fat marmots, brilliant cardinals and croaking toads–these joys are available to us all. And when you add a really good story to gently fall asleep to, say Snow in April by Rosamunde Pilcher, with sunshine bathing your face . . . . Let’s just call ourselves blessed. And rest.
I cut and pasted these from my 2009 Facebook “25 Things” because it made me happy to read, and because I think it will be fun to add to it.
1. I love quiet time with Jesus early, early in the morning, and a nap in the afternoon.
2. I love putting in a load of laundry at 4:00 a.m. before I build a fire, make a cuppa or indulge in my latest new coffee, and settle in for quiet time.
3. I love being a member of the revolution Jesus started 2000 years ago.
4. I love rain. And more rain. Long, grey, dreary rainstorms.
5. With good books, like five or ten, fiction and non-fiction.
6. And a journal with colored pens, and a legal pad for absolutely mindless scribbling.
7. I love sending letters on nice stationery with lots of stickers and a pretty stamp.
8. I love watching my kids out the window on their sleds.
9. I love it when they wipe out and shriek with laughter, only to be pounced on by the dog, and get up and do it again!
10. I love John.
11. I love men who are so manly the testosterone drips off them, but they wear pink proudly, and are really good at comforting babies and changing diapers (John).
12. I love men who sing country love songs and hold my hand and sound like Vince Gill (yes, you guessed it – John).
13. I love men who love like Jesus – John, and also my dad.
14. I love my friends and all my family, especially all those little babies I have never seen.
15. I love big hardwood trees in the fall.
16. I love Fall.
17. I love God’s new mercies every morning.
18. I love color, lots of clear, bright color, or soft, muted colors. And light – iridescent, translucent, luminous, shimmering light.
19. Like on water. I love water, especially the Pacific ocean, but any water will do. I even love mud puddles.
20. I love to travel. Even if it’s just a new dirt road close to home.
21. I love conversations with friends.
22. I love home schooling, and all my great teachers – my children. And talking about home schooling with other home schoolers.
23. I love studying my kids, discovering them, marveling at God’s genius in creating them.
24. I love marriage. And chocolate.
25. I love whipping the devil’s butt when he tries to make me afraid. I love Jesus.
April, 2015 – And smiling teenagers teaching themselves without any Mom-prodding.