I just got an e-mail from a favorite local coffee shop saying we can now come in and get coffee to go – must wear masks, blah, blah. Hip, hip, hooray, we’re “allowed,” they’re “allowed”, everywhere people are asking tyrants for permission to breathe, practically. Through masks. Most of which don’t work anyway.
So, I wrote them back, but haven’t yet decided to send what I wrote. After all, they’re desperately trying to stay in business. Still . . .
Here’s what I wrote:
What fun! Exactly how are we supposed to drink coffee with masks on? Let us know when we’re “allowed” to come in and act like free people – meanwhile we’ll make coffee at home (please Master, can we take our masks off at home?). Yes, I know this is not your fault, and I feel for you and every other small business owner, but these kinds of mamby pamby e-mails are insulting and tiresome. Just sayin’.
If I were you I’d refuse to play this stupid game, and consider suing the powers that be who, incidentally, do not own small businesses. You could sue for damages to be distributed among other local businesses, perhaps. Of course any funds you get will ultimately come right out of your own pocket, as a taxpaying small business owner. The folks responsible for perpetrating this fraud (yes, “fraud” – do your homework, or simply read my husband John’s thoughts below) won’t lose a dime.
And yes, Business Owner, I know this is easier said than done, but you are bowing to the theft of your consitutional rights. Remember, give the devil an inch and he’ll take a mile (or your business). Or your country.
You, Small Business Owner of America, are our economic backbone. Straighten your spiritual backbone and stand up straight. You will be amazed at what God will do if you REFUSE TO FEAR.
P.S. Let me know if I can put my money where my mouth is via giving to your legal expense fund.
My husband John’s thoughts:
Almost 1 million people die of the flu or complications caused by flu every year, and as of 2017 2,813,503 from a number of other causes, and never have we responded in this delusional way.
In 2019 there were 251,454 U.S. deaths — almost 10% of all annual U.S. deaths — resulting from medical error, making it the third leading cause of death in the country. Where is the hue and cry to ban doctors?
Just a few more points to ponder and questions for you:
- Since when do we quarantine the healthy along with the sick?
- Since when do we destroy the lives and livelihood of a huge majority of the working class of the USA to “save” people who are veulnerable to the flu?
- Who will decide in the future what supposed diseases we’ll have to be imprisoned for to “save” us? Will we be incarcerated because of arthritis outbreaks? Or allergies? Or lactose intolerance? It is a very very, very short step from where we are now to totalitarianism.
- Where in the Constitution of the United Staes of America does it say the government can strip you and me of our Constiutional rights because of an epidemic?
- Since when is it okay to inflate death numbers with suspected or unproven cases to justify what has been done to the American people?
And just one final word from me, Bev: Let us remember the world is watching, and that it’s not “Land of the Weak, Home of the Safe.”