I just got an e-mail from a favorite local coffee shop saying we can now come in and get coffee to go – must wear masks, blah, blah. Hip, hip, hooray, we’re “allowed,” they’re “allowed”, everywhere people are asking tyrants for permission to breathe, practically. Through masks. Most of which don’t work anyway.
So, I wrote them back, but haven’t yet decided to send what I wrote. After all, they’re desperately trying to stay in business. Still . . .
Here’s what I wrote:
- Since when do we quarantine the healthy along with the sick?
- Since when do we destroy the lives and livelihood of a huge majority of the working class of the USA to “save” people who are veulnerable to the flu?
- Who will decide in the future what supposed diseases we’ll have to be imprisoned for to “save” us? Will we be incarcerated because of arthritis outbreaks? Or allergies? Or lactose intolerance? It is a very very, very short step from where we are now to totalitarianism.
- Where in the Constitution of the United Staes of America does it say the government can strip you and me of our Constiutional rights because of an epidemic?
- Since when is it okay to inflate death numbers with suspected or unproven cases to justify what has been done to the American people?
And just one final word from me, Bev: Let us remember the world is watching, and that it’s not “Land of the Weak, Home of the Safe.”